May 9th, 2018
Posted By: Admin
Applications for Executive Director Being Accepted
IADA Executive Director Position (July 2018 – June 2021)
IADA Retired Athletic Directors who are interested in applying for the position of Executive Director of the Illinois Athletic Directors Association for the three year term beginning July 2018 need to provide the (President John Catalano – Glenbrook North High School) a letter of interest and resume by June 1, 2018. Interviews will be held on Thursday, July 12, 2018 at the Holiday Inn (Airport) in Bloomington, Illinois.
- Retired Athletic Administrator with a minimum of 5 years membership in the IADA
- Administrative background and proven leadership qualities in school athletic administration
- Experience in working with and setting up budgets
- To carry out the customary functions of an Executive Director.
- Assist the President as specified under duties and responsibilities.
- Shall serve as a liaison, mentor, and advisor for the IADA on matters pertaining to the operation of the association.
- Shall be committed to the purpose of the IADA as stated in Article II of the Constitution and By-Laws.
- Attend all Executive Board meetings, IADA State Conference, Section IV, IADA Summer Retreat, NIAAA National Conferences and the NEDC Meetings.
- Advise the Executive Board in carrying out the affairs of the organization.
- Oversee and secured from committee chair reports for the State Conference and Summer retreat.
- Assist all standing committees in performing their duties and responsibilities.
- Coordinate all financial request and/or allocations with various committees and the Treasurer.
- Maintain/provide a hard and electronic copy of the IADA Constitution and Operations Manual.
- Guide newly elected officers and committee chairs with regards to their responsibilities, IADA policies, procedures and operations.
- Assist the IADA Secretary in the annual audit.
- Solicit corporate sponsorship, corporate partners, and member benefits.
- Coordinate with the Professional Development Coordinator a yearly staff development program for membership.
- Write articles for the IADA Journal, notifying membership of the awards, screening and selection procedures, including nomination forms.
- Produce three IADA Newsletters.
- Work with Membership Chairperson and Web Master on membership information that goes to all schools in IHSA mailing.
- $2,000.00 stipend annually
- Transportation, meals, and hotel expenses to all required meetings
- National Executive Director Council Summer Retreat (July)
- NIAAA National Conference (December)
- 7 Division Meetings (October-November)
- 4 IADA Executive Board meetings ( July, October, and two in May)
- IADA Summer Retreat (July)
- NIAAA Section IV Meeting (June)
Can be directed to President, John Catalano (Glenbrook North), Past President, Kevin Cartee (Red Bud) and/or President Elect, Dan Jones (Hinsdale Central).