Varsity Head Boys Basketball Coach
Posted By: rgglowacz
Taft High School, Chicago
Job Description :
TAFT HIGH SCHOOL VARSITY HEAD BOYS BASKETBALL COACH
Dynamic and progressive “Head Boys Basketball Coach” that can take the second largest CPS High School and win the IHSA State Championship. The coach must have a proven record of success and be able attract the highest quality assistant coaches as well as players. This coach should have an extensive knowledge of current college offensive and defensive schemes and be able to implement a consistent winning strategy that will result in a perennial powerhouse basketball program.
The varsity coach is the administrator of all aspects and levels of his/her program. The coach will be responsible to the athletic director and principal.
- Illinois Teaching License or ASEP (American Sport Education Program) Certified
- Basketball knowledge/coaching experience
- Ability to supervise and motivate student athletes.
- Knowledge of IHSA and CPS rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for care, maintenance, inventory, and ordering of all equipment and supplies unique to their sport.
- Develop a program of strategies to link all levels of his/her sport.
- Supervise assistant coaches in their sport.
- Pursue professional enrichment for him/herself and assistant coaches in his/her sport.
- Arrange for support personnel to assist in the execution of their sport. Support personnel includes managers, statisticians, scorers, clock operators, etc.
- Plan for the supervision of athletes when they are in his/her care.
- Maintain an organized record of statistics for his/her sport.
- Be responsible for the care and order of facilities used for his/her sport. Facilities include the locker room, gymnasium, weight room, store room, etc.
- Verify the eligibility of athletes in his/her sport prior to the first day of practice (academic, physical, concussion form, etc.).
- Attend CPS and IHSA coaches meetings
- Work with the Athletic Director in the following areas:
- Organization of a Parent Pre-season meeting
- Daily practice schedule
- Game scheduling
- Aid in selection of lower level and assistant coaches
- Preparation and promotion of athletes for a post high school experience
All inquiries and resumes should be sent to:
Taft High School
The application deadline is June 23, 2018.
Non-CPS employees will be subject to CPS hiring procedures (drug test, background check, etc.)