Posted By: ROBERT5235
Guerin College Prep, River Grove
Job Description :
Guerin College Preparatory High School is accepting applications for a full time Athletic Director (AD). The application deadline is July 31. The AD is responsible for creating clarity and alignment between the mission of Guerin College Preparatory High School and specifically the opportunities for formation that are part of the school’s athletic program. Through consistently demonstrating bold vision, sound judgment, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, the Athletic Director will create relationships with coaches, students, faculty, staff, parents, and the greater community that will help to establish Guerin College Preparatory High School’s excellence in the formation of outstanding interscholastic athletic experiences. The Athletic Director is appointed by, reports to, and is accountable to the President. The Athletic Director is responsible for all aspects of the department including staffing, organizing transportation, referee confirmation, marketing, new field/facility development, fund raising, budgeting, salary management. The Athletic Director is employed, supervised, evaluated, and retained by the President.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact in a positive, professional, and growth-oriented manner daily with students, parents, faculty, and staff at Guerin College Preparatory High School.
- Develop long and short term plans for strategic growth of our athletic program.
- Monitor progress towards goals and make adjustments as necessary to achieve long-term objectives.
- Supervise, mentor, and evaluate head coaches and athletic trainers annually to enable them to have a formative impact on the students-athletes.
- Plan and conduct orientation programs for all coaches.
- Plan and conduct department meetings.
- Participate as a member of the Leadership Team.
- Interview applicants for coaching positions and recommend the hire to the President.
- Manage student-athletes academic and behavior data in order to ensure student eligibility.
- Work with Athletic Trainer in developing a program for the prevention and rehabilitation of injuries.
- Collaborate and coordinate with coaches in order to develop schedules and consistent game procedures.
- Contract all games and game officials.
- Coordinate preparation, supervision and security to ensure a safe and positive environment at all home athletic contests.
- Arrange appropriate transportation for all athletic events.
- Respond to the concerns of coaches, parents, and league and community members in a timely fashion.
- Lead in systematizing athletic procedures for all community members.
- Schedule usage by school teams and community youth sports programs for all athletic fields and facilities.
- Oversee the safety and upkeep of the gyms, fields, weight room and locker room in collaboration with the Building Director.
- Issue equipment to each athletic team and maintains equipment inventory when each season ends.
- Purchase new and replacement equipment.
- Review and update annually all Athletic Department printed materials.
- Ensure that Guerin College Preparatory High School is compliant with all procedures and regulations of the Archdiocese of Chicago, IHSA and the conference; regularly pursues learning of new procedures, policies, and regulations and communicates them to appropriate stakeholders as necessary.
- Take responsibility for managing the athletic budget and fundraising events necessary to fund the athletic program within the annual budget. Make recommendations to the President and Principal as necessary.
- Ensure that all teams and coaches follow the financial policies of Guerin College Preparatory High School.
- Organize athletic recognition procedures that are aligned with the school’s mission.
- Maintain athletic data regarding participation, academic-athletic correlation, benchmarks, statistics, and records.
- Coordinate with coaches the summer camp programs for grade school and high school students.
- Work with the Admissions Director and Coaches in the promotion of Guerin College Preparatory High School to community youth sports programs.
- Serve on the Homecoming Committee and assist in the planning and execution of Homecoming Activities.
- Participate with the Advancement/Development team on campaigns related to Athletics and avidly supports other school campaigns/initiatives.
- Contribute to the development of a positive climate among faculty and staff.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the President.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education: Degree in Sports Management, Educational Leadership or Business Management preferred.
Demonstrates an understanding of marketing, development, recruitment and retention strategies.
Experience: Demonstrated success as a Catholic school teacher, coach or administrator.
Required: Successful completion of all screenings, licenses, and trainings.
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume with three references to Tom Bednar. President at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Tuesday, July 31, 2018.