18th Annual IADA Summer Retreat Schedule
Wednesday July 12th, 2017 7:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
New Athletic Director’s Workshop at the Illinois High School Association Offices (Free of Charge)
Wednesday July 12th, 2017 Class Time: 2:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- LTC 502 – Principles, Strategies, & Methods for Athletic Administrators (Free to new athletic directors who attended the morning session at the IHSA Offices)
- LTC 506 – Legal Issues II – Title IX and Sexual Harassment
- LTC 710B – Current Issues in American Sport
Thursday July 13th, 2017 Class Time: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- LTC 501 – Philosophy, Leadership Organizations and Professional Programs
- LTC 703 – Student Centered Educational Athletics
- LTC 723 – Administration of Professional Growth Programs for Interscholastic Athletic Personnel
Lunch is provided by the IADA for participants between the morning and afternoon classes at the Holiday Inn & Suites, Bloomington, IL
Thursday July 13th, 2017 Class time: 12:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- LTC 503 – Enhancing Organization Management (New Dec. 2016)
- LTC 508 – Legal Issues III – Hazing, ADA, Employment Law
- LTC 615 – Athletic Field Management
All Leadership Training Class Registrations must be in our offices by JUNE 15, 2017. After
June 15, 2017, the cost for LATE REGISTRATION for these classes goes up to $125.00. Also, with late registrations or walk-up registrations, there is no guarantee that there will be a textbook and other class materials for the student. Late registrants will have materials mailed to them within one month of the Summer Retreat.
***All new athletic directors who attend the New Athletic Directors Workshop at the Illinois High School Association Offices, and attend and complete Leadership Training Class 502 will be given one year’s free membership in the Illinois Athletic Director’s Association. A new athletic director must complete both components in order to receive the free membership benefit. Remember LTC 502 is free for the new AD!!!***