Director of Athletics
Posted By: THOMAS4800
Latin School, Chicago
Job Description :
The Director of Athletics is responsible for overseeing and promoting overall success of Latin’s athletics program throughout its three divisions. Latin’s interscholastic athletics program strives to develop confident, enthusiastic and disciplined athletes who reach their full physical potential and learn the value of teamwork and the importance of sportsmanship. We strive to develop leadership and ethical behavior in our athletes, while encouraging a lifelong love for sports and fitness.
Specific duties and responsibilities
The Director of Athletics supervises a team of two full time staff, two divisional athletic directors, an athletic trainer and 80+ coaches throughout the school year.
- Manage Athletics staff
- Providing ongoing mentorship and evaluation of coaches using Positive Coaching Alliance framework
- Oversee budgeting and athletics facilities
- Manage athletics-related logistics
- Steward relationships and communicate effectively
- Report regularly to three division directors
- Leadership/team management experience with active, involved coaches
- Experience in a similar position preferably at an independent school JK-12.
- Coaching experience in educational setting
- Solid interpersonal, organizational, leadership, problem-solving and communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative and energy; creativity and flexibility; fosters a community of support
- A bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree is a plus, as is a record of continuing professional development
Latin’s Culture & Values
We are a school and a workplace that values educational excellence, community, and integrity. We are dedicated to life-long learning.
We embrace diversity of people, culture and ideas.
We promote the health and wellbeing of our students and employees.
Latin participation in sports, by division
- 474 US: 80% students play sports, 23 Varsity sports offered, 44 teams fielded.
- 306 MS: 80% students play sports, 12 sports offered, 20 teams fielded
- 385 LS: 60% of 3rd-4th graders participated in 3 Rising Romans sports.
Interested candidates should apply online by submitting a cover letter and resume to www.latinschool.org/employment. No phone inquiries, please. Latin School embraces diversity of people, cultures, and ideas and is an equal opportunity employer.