Head Girls Basketball Coach
Posted By: Kurt Laakso
Prospect High School, Mt. Prospect, IL
Job Description :
Head Girls’ Basketball Coach – Prospect High School
The Head Coach is responsible for providing leadership and direction for all phases of the girls’ basketball program including its long-term development, organization and coordination of all levels of play, scheduling and budgeting. The head coach will assist with the selection and management of assistant coaches. The head coach is responsible for coordinating and directing, along with school administration, basketball related public relations activities with the athletic department, school, athletic booster organization and the community.
The preferred candidate must possess the ability to:
- Build and strengthen our existing program while heightening and fostering high expectations for future success.
- Foster a culture of support and leadership that will help student athletes grow and develop on and off the court.
- Demonstrate the ability and experience to increase the basketball knowledge, skills and expertise of basketball staff in all phases of the game.
- Develop and enact sound game strategy.
- Develop a sound long term strategic plan and vision for the PHS Girls’ Basketball program.
- Teach basketball philosophy, skills and techniques to both assistant coaches and players.
- Demonstrate the capacity and leadership necessary to design clinics, staff meetings, summer camps, and off-season programs that ensure staff awareness and commitment concerning program expectations.
- Delegate specific duties as needed and supervise their implementation throughout the season. At season’s end, analyze staff effectiveness and contribute to the overall evaluation of all assistants.
- Participate in the budgeting process with the Girls’ Athletic Director.
- Maintain good public relations with news media, parents and officials.
- Work with the school’s administration.
- ISBE or ASEP certification.
- Previous basketball coaching experience or high level playing experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
Apply online only. www.d214.org/jobs